Tuition & Policies
CLASS AND LEVEL PLACEMENT
Our classes are structured to group dancers with similar levels of experience. This is the most conducive structure for growth. Please consider your first class as a placement class. Instructors will advise on which group a student will be best suited for. Please understand that every studio has varying levels and your dancer may need to change levels if they’re more or less advanced than our designated levels. If you need assistance determining your dancer’s level, please call or email us with a detailed description of your dancer’s training and/or attend one of our classes and let a staff member know you’re wanting your dancer(s) to be evaluated.
TUITION AND EVENT RATES
SIBLINGS RECEIVE 10% OFF TOTAL MONTHLY TUITION, CAMPS, LOCK-INS, WORKSHOPS AND INTENSIVES
· Classes for ages 3-18 yrs old: 1 hour class/week $50/month; +$35/month per additional 1 hour class/week *Note: classes that exceed 1 hour will be prorated accordingly.
· All classes price $265/month (includes all classes for your dancer’s level and one level above/below their level at the instructor’s discretion).
· Year-Round Package $425/month (includes all classes, all workshops, all camps, recital fee, 6 recital costume fees, and more! Contact studio for details)
· Private lessons: $50/hour
· Adult-class Drop-In (18+) $10/class
· Adult-class Card (4 classes): $40/card
· Seniors and College students w/ ID Drop-In: $5/class
· Seniors and College students w/ ID Card (4 classes): $20/card
· Day Camps (ages 4+): $20/day
· Lock-Ins (ages 5+): $30
· Workshops (ages 6+): $45 (applies to 1-day workshops)
· Summer Intensive Weeks (ages 6+): $150
· (Non-refundable) Annual Registration Fee $50/student ($75 family cap) to enroll for our fall/spring term classes. Due upon initial enrollment. There's no registration fee for private lessons, camps, workshops, lock-ins, Summer or Adult classes.
· Recital Fee $50/student ($75 family cap) Due November 1
· (Non-refundable) Recital Costume Fee $50/class Due November 1
Exceptions: Jazz and Tap classes will wear the same costume, only 1 costume for ballet class(es) despite the number of ballet classes your dancer is taking so long as they are in 1 level.
The monthly fee for tuition for ages 3-18 is a flat rate. A dancer's tuition remains the same whether it is a 5-week or 3-week month. Class tuition should be paid in full within the first week of each month. Payment for Drop-Ins, Camps, Workshops, Lock-ins and Intensives are due by the 1st day of the event or class. Any tuition unpaid by the 15th will be charged an initial $25 late fee. There will be a $25 service fee for any returned check. $10 will be added monthly until all tuition, including late fees and returned check fees are paid in full. All balances must be paid in full by the final week of classes in May. If any accounts have outstanding balances, the dancer will not be permitted to dance at recital. Payments can be made by card through our software or can be dropped at the studio in cash or check form. Please make checks payable to Studio B Dance Company.
Attendance is monitored each week. Dancers are encouraged to show up consistently and on time as this promotes a strong work ethic and will give each dancer the best results as it relates to their training. Rehearsals leading up to any performance are mandatory. Too many absences could result in being removed from community performances or recital.
Classes may be observed from the lobby viewing windows only.
MAKE UP POLICY
Dancers who miss class will have one month to attend a make-up class. They may attend any other class recommended to them by their instructor. This is the responsibility of the parent and dancer to make-up the class. Tuition will not be prorated due to a missed class or holiday.
If a dancer drops a class or classes halfway through the month, they will still be charged for that month’s tuition. The month can be prorated if 30 days written notice is received. Any student that drops all classes and then wishes to re-enroll within the same year will be charged the $50 registration fee again. To drop a class or classes, please contact the studio.
We have one Recital in the Spring for all students. We'll also have smaller performances throughout the year that will be optional. Recital is mandatory if enrolled in the class. Your Recital fee includes 2 complimentary tickets. Additional tickets, DVD, and flower packages will be sold separately.
Any specific dress code should be viewed as the dancer’s uniform. We will dance the way we look, so please do not show up sloppy or unprepared. The dresscode items are to be purchased directly by the parent on the discount dance website and the teamstore website.
*Please use our teacher code TP126533
All leotards to be worn in class must be selected from one of the approved (required or optional) leotards from the discount dance dresscode. There are a number of leotards to choose from. Please make sure the color selected is turquoise. Also, please make note of the required performance leotard, tights and shoes. The specific shoe brand and color is less important in class, but proper shoe color will be required for all performances including semester demonstrations, Celebration of Lights, Springtime Tallahassee and our recital. In addition, all classes (except ballet) must purchase jazz shorts and a tank top with the studio b logo from our teamstore.
Summary of Dresscode by Class
· All classes – girls - leotards (required): N7264 Adult Emballe Lace Boatneck Tank Leotard (royal - $29.15), N7264C Child Emballe Lace Boatneck Tank Leotard (royal $27.32). Jazz shorts and tank with studio b logo from the teamstore.
· All classes – boys: studio b shirt and boys/mens shorts from the teamstore.
· Ballet: pink tights, optional turquoise leotard or required royal leotard, pink ballet shoes, wrap skirt is optional.
· Jazz/Tap/HipHop/Lyrical/Contemporary/Acro/Choreography: tan tights (optional in class), optional turquoise leotard or required royal leotard, studio b required shorts or other optional bottoms from the teamstore, tan jazz shoes, black tap shoes, tan half-ballet shoes, black dance sneakers (hiphop), no shoes required for acro.
For parades and community performances, dancers will wear our studio leotards available to purchase under our discountdance dress code list. Shirts and Bottoms will be determined per performance/appearance but are generally black leggings or shorts from our teamstore site. Please see the Dresscode for details. Costumes for recital will be delivered a few weeks prior to the recital. Dancers will not receive their costumes until their balance is paid.
INSURANCE, LIABILITY WAIVER, AND PERMISSION TO SECURE TREATMENT
Studio B Dance Company does not carry medical insurance for its students. It is REQUIRED that all students be covered by their own family insurance policies and if injury occurs, it is understood that the student’s own policy is the ONLY source of reimbursement. By registering in any dance or fitness class or event at Studio B Dance Company, LLC, you will be waiving and releasing all claims for injuries that might be sustained arising from participating in such activities. In the event of an emergency, you authorize Studio B Dance Company, LLC or its agents to secure from any licensed hospital, physician, and/or medical personnel any treatment deemed necessary for immediate care and agree to be responsible for payment of all hospital and medical charges which are incurred. Studio B Dance Company, LLC will not be responsible for honoring specific hospital or healthcare provider preferences.
Studio B Dance Company is a member of Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. We will occasionally post pictures from classes or events. If you prefer to not have your child's face posted on these two sites, please contact the studio.
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF
Dancers should arrive 10 minutes early to class and be picked up within 10 minutes after. After a dancer is dropped off, they will not be permitted to leave the studio until they’re picked up.
Please come inside to pick up your child. Do not ask them to meet you somewhere. If you do this, we will have an instructor accompany your dancer. No exceptions.